Signs of Prescription Drug Addiction
Prescription drug addiction also reveals itself in the behaviors listed above, but it has a few signs in its beginning stages that should give you cause for concern:
- Continuing to use a prescription drug even after it is no longer necessary (especially in the case of opioids or narcotics)
- Preemptively taking doses of medication “just in case”
- Complaining to a doctor about vague, minor, or made-up symptoms in order to get a prescription refill
- Disinterest in treatment options that don’t involve more medication
- Development of high tolerance for a prescription medication, requiring more and more of it in order to achieve the same effect
- Having multiple prescriptions for a given medication or looking for other ways to get more of it
- Changes in mood, personality, or ability to emotionally self-regulate
We Take an Individualized, Relational Approach to Beating Addiction
If that’s you, rest assured we understand that true recovery requires support, accountability, and encouragement from others. We work to integrate family members, friends, and other loved ones into your healing process.
Take your life back into your own hands or save the life of someone you love by calling Acceptance Recovery Center today. We believe that every life is precious and there is always hope for sobriety and a life after drug addiction, no matter the nature of the struggle at hand. Our knowledgeable, compassionate experts provide the individualized help you need to overcome drug abuse for good, while caring for the mind, body, and spirit.